The casualwear market has seen in a boom in people seeking fitness wear, this is leading to the reduction of space in store for more conventional casualwear options as retailers invest into fashionable fitness ranges. Fortunately retailers are often able to cross-merchandise their fitness wear alongside casual wear. Additionally people are less willing to spend a significant amount of money on casual wear therefore more affordable retailers are benefitting. Fashion retailers are also seeking ways to better entertain their customers, with interesting, quirky store layouts and designs as well as branching into offering services and coffee shops in store.
- Casualwear represents the biggest single segment of the Clothing and Footwear market. While deflationary trends are still a problem for the market, owing to declining cotton prices and increasing competition at the value end, high volumes continue to give way to value growth.
- Online growth is now one of the biggest opportunities for growth, with internet sales expected to increase significantly for the Casualwear market by 2020.
- Online shopping is stimulating further competition as consumers use the internet to seek fashion from international players as well as domestic retailers.
- Low inflation means most of the growth in the market over the next five years will be dependent on high volume sales, which is likely to lead to increased competition and a change in the nature of promotional activities which could see more multi-buy deals infiltrating the market.
- Fashion trends still play a big role in encouraging purchases in casualwear. For example, the widespread denim trend that has extended beyond staple jeans to encompass multiple categories like dresses, skirts, shirts and jackets has boosted sales of casualwear over the past year.
- 57.6% of consumers put as much thought into their casual outfits as they do when dressing up. This means that casual clothing needs to be both comfortable and durable as well as fashionable.
“What Britain Wears Casual Wear”, a Trend Report by Verdict Retail, providing an executive-level overview of Britains spending on casual wear with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the casualwear market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail's aftermarket databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for casual wear in Britain
- Market value and forecast; a look at the total market value and forecast value for casual wear parts in Britain.
- Summary of main players; with their past and future performances outlined and ranked.
- Consumer behavior in purchasing casual wear; an insight into who buys the products and what products are being brought.
Reasons To Buy
- This Capsule Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the casual wear fashion market based on insights from within Verdict's bespoke annual consumer insight survey.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the casual wear market.
- Enables understanding of developments across different retail channels, from specialists and pureplays to grocers and department stores.