Defense Industry Business Confidence Report - H2 2017
The existing economic environment is stable for the defense industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H2 2017. Increasing demand for innovative military equipment, a rise in the US military budget to fight against terrorism, and investment in new defense projects and deals to strengthen the defense industry are some of the major factors projected to drive growth prospects in North America and Asia-Pacific regions. The defense industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development in H2 2017 compared to H1 2017. Survey respondents across the globe are apprehensive about exchange rate volatility, cybercrime, and political changes in countries of operation during H2 2017. Globally, operational efficiency, customer retention, and protecting and growing market share are the most preferred priorities for defense executives over the next six months.
- SDI’s Defense Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives’ opinion about the business environment during H2 2017 compared to H1 2017.
- It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions during H2 2017 compared to H1 2017
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives’ expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes defense industry executives’ opinion about the change in customer confidence during H2 2017 compared to H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H2 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H2 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 56% and 40% of industry executives indicate favorable or very favorable economic conditions in North America and Asia respectively
- On average, defense industry respondents project an increase of 5.7% in the current state of the economy in Asia during H2 2017
- Executives have become more optimistic about industry and company growth in H2 2017 compared to H1 2017
- The performance of developing economies and increasing tax burdens are the key economic concerns for global defense executives
- Customer retention is the most preferred priority for the global defense industry over the next six months
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the defense industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices during H2 2017 compared to H1 2017
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of defense industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H2 2017 compared to H1 2017